Wednesday, March 26, 2008

One Step Closer to Homeownership

Okay folks, we had the inspection yesterday morning and the results are in: the house is not haunted and we didn't get any really bad news. Sure, there are a couple little roof issues and the bathroom door doesn't actually close all the way (still want to come over for dinner?) but it's in solid shape altogether.

So now we finish all this crazy paperwork for the mortgage, do some negotiation around some of the issues we did find (dad, can you un-reverse the polarity in a couple of outlets for me?), and keep our fingers crossed until our May 16 closing date. In the meantime, I'm going to try to stop going to Ikea once a week (I've been there three times in as many weeks) and try to unload our apartment. Anyone want a 1.5 bedroom with back yard in the Art Museum area?

We took more pictures and updated the album - click on the slideshow below to check them out!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the sun streaming in the windows. It looks very promising. I'm so excited for you guys!

Arin said...

I know it - this was the first time we saw the place on a pretty sunny day and it was awesome. It gets great light even when it's cloudy, but it was really nice to be there with the sunshine!

Sherlock Holden said...

Huh, we had the same thing with the reversed polarities in the outlets. Maybe it's the trend these days?

It looks awesome, congratulations! I'm so happy your inspection went well. Please say hello to Ikea for me...