Sunday, March 02, 2008

I found it!...

...but it's out of our price range.

So we went to a couple open houses today. We looked at houses for $239,000 in the Queen Village and Bella Vista neighborhoods and discovered that they're not very big and tend to have wildy windy oddly carpeted stairs. Andrea hates these stairs and I broke the railing in one house (or it came off in my hand and I shoved it back into position on the wall...). Anyway, it turns out that even if we could afford these places we don't want them. They are small, cramped trinities and violet would have a hell of a time with the stairs. And our furniture wouldn't fit in the living room.

After our open house adventure we went home and I took the lovely Violet for a walk. We ran into an open house at 2214 Brandywine and I decided to see how the other half lives. Well, they live well. In fact, they live exactly how I'd like to live. $625,000 would buy me the perfect house. Although I told the woman that it was "just" out of my price range it is obviously well beyond our ability to buy it. I'm including the link so that you can fall it love with it and then slit your wrists just like I did: 2214 Brandywine Street.

No comments: